US President Donald Trump had a restful night and is still doing very well, his doctor said Tuesday, the day after he was released from a military hospital where he was being treated for coronavirus.
“I feel great,” Trump said in a tweet.
“This morning the President’s medical team met with him at the residence. He had a restful first night at home and reported no symptoms today,” said Dr. Sean Conley, the White House Doctor, in a memorandum.
“The vital functions and the physical examination remain stable with an outpatient saturation level of 95 to 97 percent. Overall, he is still doing very well,” said Dr. Conley.
Trump, 74, and First Lady Melania tested positive for COVID-19 Thursday night. The president was taken to a military hospital for treatment in what the White House saw as “a matter of caution in abundance”.
He has not had a fever since Friday, his doctors said on Monday. The first lady is still fine.
According to media reports, so far almost 30 White House employees and at least three journalists have tested positive for COVID-19.
Prominent among them is White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany.
According to a separate memorandum from Dr. Jesse Schonau, a White House doctor, remains healthy with Vice President Mike Pence, who is due to appear in a debate on Wednesday, with no COVID-19 symptoms.
Trump said in another tweet that he was looking forward to the debate with Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential candidate in Miami, on October 15.
“I’m looking forward to the debate on October 15th in Miami. It’s going to be great!” said the President.
The president slammed his opponent in a number of tweets, including criticizing Miami City Hall the day before from Biden, hosted by NBC News. He described it as a joke.
“What a shame for our country that FREE public radio waves can be used in this way. All SOFTBALLS. A great fix. Time should be paid for by the corrupt DNC!” Said the President.
(Except for the headline, this story was not edited by GossipMantri staff and published from a syndicated feed.)