Washington, United States:
The White House plans that President Donald Trump will serve a second term despite losing re-election, a top official said Friday.
“We are moving forward here in the White House on the assumption that there will be a second Trump term,” said the outgoing President’s trade adviser Peter Navarro on the Fox Business Network.
Trump has not yet conceded almost a week after the US media announced that his Democratic challenger Joe Biden had defeated him in the November 3rd presidential election.
The president has made few public appearances since then and has raised legal objections in several states for alleging electoral fraud without producing any evidence.
“What we’re looking for here are verifiable ballots, certifiable ballots and an investigation into the growing number of fraud allegations among signed affidavits by witnesses,” Navarro said, reiterating the unsubstantiated claims made by Trump supporters.
Navarro lamented what he called “a flawless deception” and said any speculation about what Biden might do about trade policy or about China. “I think this is currently controversial.”
Senior US federal and state election officials said Thursday there was “no evidence” that hackers could rig the vote, and most world leaders congratulated Biden on his victory.